- 2 slices ½ inch thick white bread
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 freshly sliced tomato
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
Layer mozzarella in an even layer over one slice of bread and an even layer of sliced tomatoes.
Sprinkle basil ribbons over the top and freshly cracked black pepper.
Cover with the remaining slice of bread.
Melt butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet, swirl pan around to evenly coat.
Cook until light golden brown, about 4-6 minutes.
Flip the sandwich, (add more butter to the pan if needed) and cook the other side until brown and the cheese is melted, another 4-6 minutes.
You can press down on the sandwich gently so it browns evenly, but don’t smash it.