Bella Tuscany Deviled Eggs
Debbie More loves deviled eggs so much, she wrote a whole cookbook about them. This recipe is called "Bella Tuscany," resonating with flavors of the Italian countryside: capers, rosemary, lemon juice, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon drained and chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, plus extra slivers for garnish
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 6 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons drained and finely chopped capers
- 1/8 Teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Gently press the sun-dried tomatoes between several layers of a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Combine the thoroughly mashed yolks with the sour cream and lemon juice. Blend in the sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary, capers, and garlic powder. Taste, then season with salt and pepper.
Fill the whites evenly with the mixture and garnish each egg half with slivers of sun-dried tomato.