- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3-4 pound broiler/fryer chicken, cut up
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1 Cup chopped green pepper
- 1 Cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 Cup ketchup
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased 13x9-inch. baking dish.
Drain skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In drippings, saute onion, green pepper and celery until tender. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; add to vegetables. Bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
Cover and bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with corn. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and corn is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.