A good banana nut bread recipe is indispensable to the home cook. Everyone loves waking up to the smell of freshly baked banana bread or finding a slice packed in their lunchbox. Though there are a number of different banana nut bread recipes out there, we like this one because it’s super simple to make; you don’t even need an electric mixer. It’s a basic quick bread recipe that you can use over and over again.
As with most banana bread recipes, you should use very ripe bananas. Mash them so that you can easily combine them with the melted butter. This banana and butter mixture becomes the base of your banana nut bread recipe.
This bread recipe calls for walnuts; if you prefer, substitute slivered almonds, peanuts, or cashews. Or, if you have a nut allergy, you can leave them out and simply make banana bread. Whatever you chose, this will quickly become your go-to banana nut bread recipe.
Kristie Collado is The Daily Meal’s Cook Editor. Follow her on Twitter @KColladoCook.
- This Soup Was An ‘Absolute Sensation’ With Queen Elizabeth II
- Subway Tries to Shade McDonald's in New Ad, With Mixed Results
- The 21 Most Romantic Fall Date Ideas
- Dunkin’ Donuts Is Dropping the Second Half of Its Name
- 18 Foods You Should Always Buy at Costco