Bacon and Chocolate Cornbread Stuffing
Don’t stuff the turkey with this baby! You want to make sure that you let this dish stand on its own!
- 1 pyrex dish of cornbread (12 x 8) cut into 1/2 inch cubes slightly dry (stale!)
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1/2 Cup diced onion
- 1/2 Cup diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, diced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped sage leaves
- 2 1/2 Cups low sodium chicken brown
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Cup milk chocolate caibos
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup butter
Render bacon in a skillet and transfer to a bowl with cornbread.
Add onion celery and garlic to the pan. Cook on low heat until soft. Add sage and chicken broth. Pour mixture over cornbread and bacon. Add whisked eggs.
Stir in chocolate, salt and pepper.
Pat into a heat proof dish and bake 375 degrees until golden. About 30-40 minutes.
Melt butter with honey and brush over the top of the stuffing while still hot.