Bacon and Avocado Macaroni Salad
Traditional macaroni salad is given an extra twist with bacon and avocado.
- 2 Cups elbow macaroni
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 minced red onion
- 1/2 Cup minced celery
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 slices cookd and crispy bacon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium sauce pan bring water to a boil and lightly salt. Add macaroni and boil for 15 minutes. Noodles should be very soft. Drain and add to a medium bowl. Add apple cider vinegar to hot macaroni and let cool 10 minutes. In a small bowl whisk together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup milk, brown sugar and salt and pepper. Add to pasta and let cool completely. When cooled, add remaining milk and mayonnaise, onion, celery, parsley and avocado. Top with crispy bacon. Serve chilled.