Baby Kale, Chard, Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
There are some unusual additions in this dip, but it's relatively low-fat, low-carb, full of vegetables (a whole bag of greens!), and it's honestly delicious.
- 1 5-ounce bag organic mixed baby kale, baby chard, and baby spinach, like Trader Joe's Power to the Greens
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt, like Fage 0%
- 1/2 block Greek cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Vegenaise
- 2 light garlic and herb wedges, like Laughing Cow
- ½ Cup low-fat or soy sour cream
- ½ white onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/8 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup Mexican style four cheese, like Kraft Shredded 2% Milk
- 1 green jalapeno, minced and sautéed in olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Gently wilt the greens on low heat in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until they’re barely softened. Remove the greens with a pair of tongs, leaving the olive oil in place. Add the onion, turn the heat to medium, and sautee until soft, then add the garlic and sautee about one minute more. Remove from heat.
In a mixer, combine the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, Vegenaise, cheese wedges, and sour cream. Blend until smooth. Fold the greens, artichokes, Parmesan, onion, garlic, and jalapeno into the mixture, then sprinkle in half of the shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour into oven-safe dish, top with remaining cheese, and bake at 350 degrees until the mixture is bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Serve with crudités and tortilla chips.