Back To Avocado 101!
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 Cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
Pour the oil to depth of 1 ½-inches in a medium saucepan or Dutch oven. Heat to 375 degrees over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, combine the flour and salt in a shallow plate. Put the eggs and panko in separate shallow plates. Dip the avocado wedges in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, and then dredge in panko to coat.
Fry avocado wedges, in batches, for 30 to 60 seconds or until golden brown, and drain on paper towels. Place on a baking sheet in a 200-degree oven to keep warm while frying remaining wedges. Sprinkle with additional salt to taste.