Apple Cheesecake Bars
Cheesecake is good. Apple crisp is good. Together they’re really good. And if you make them with Cosmos Creations, you’ve got yourself a crowd-pleasing dessert!
- 8 Cups Cinnamon Crunch Cosmos Creations
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 Cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 3/4 Cups Butter, Melted
- 2 eight ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
Preheat your 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pour the 8 cups of Cinnamon Crunch Cosmos in. Process until ground fine.
Pour grounds into a medium sized bowl, reserving 1 cup out for later use. Mix in the melted butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into the bottom of the greased baking dish. Bake for 8 minutes.
While the crust is baking, begin preparing your cheesecake filling. In a standing mixer fitted with the whisking attachment, beat cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, sugar and vanilla, scraping the sides with a rubber spatula when needed.
Using just over half of the remaining ground Cinnamon Cosmos, sprinkle over the apples and toss until they are all coated.
Pour the remaining ground Cosmos in a medium bowl (you can use the same bowl that was used for the crust mix). Add the brown sugar, flour and quick cooking oats. Mix until just blended. Using a pastry cutter, blend in the softened butter until mix is crumbly.
7. Remove the crust from the oven. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the hot crust. Sprinkle with the Cosmos covered apples. Top with the crisp toppings, coating as evenly as possible.
8. Bake, uncovered for approximately 45 minutes. Top will be browned and crumbly and the edges of the cheesecake will have browned.
9. Let the dish cool to room temperature. Once cooled, cover with foil and chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
10. Once chilled completely, cut into squares and serve