Adobo Chicken Tacos
This yummy Mexican dish is easy to make, affordable, and fast.
“The ready-to-cook Adobo Chicken is perfect for anyone with a busy life,” says Safeway Executive Chef Jeff Anderson. “I can pull this dish together in under half an hour!”
- 1 package 24-ounces adobo chicken, such as Marcela Valladolid
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 1/3 Cup fresh cilantro, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 Cup fresh salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 Cup Mexican crema
Cook the adobo chicken according to the instructions on the package. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you prepare remaining ingredients.
Heat the tortillas for 15 to 20 seconds on both sides in a frying pan or griddle/comal, or directly over a gas flame on low-heat. To keep warm, wrap in a kitchen towel until ready to assemble the tacos.
Dice meat into small cubes. To assemble, place meat, onions, cilantro and avocado on top of a tortilla and top with a drizzle of crema. Serve with fresh salsa or pico de gallo.