Looks like mixology is going mainstream; ABC has cast a pilot for a show titled Mixology, from The Hangover writers Jon Lucas and Scott Moore. The premise, which does not seem to involve a struggling wannabe mixologist stuck in a bro-town bar, reportedly "chronicles the exploits of singles, five guys and five girls, in search of love — all over the course of one night."
Naturally, the setting will be a "sexy" Manhattan bar, Deadline reports, with five guys and five girls taking the night as it comes. Blake Lee (Parks & Recreation) will play Tom, a squeaky clean accountant recently dumped by his longtime girlfriend. Andrew Santino will be Bruce, Tom's "brutally honest" best friend from college. Mercedes Masohn will be Maya, a sports attorney and "gorgeous ballbuster."
The three will be joining Kate Simses, previously cast as Liv, "the alt-cute, smart, deeply indecisive girl" who is engaged to a boring investment banker and is having second thoughts. Hipster girl potentially bored by financially successful guy? Sounds just like Girls, except set in Manhattan. Now if only Andy Samberg would make an appearance as a mixologist of love, we'd be set.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time