9 Superfast Sandwich Recipes for Summer
During the warm summer months, you always crave something light, fresh, and most importantly, quick and easy to prepare. Sandwiches are great options — and with summer's abundance of fresh produce, the recipe options are endless.
With so many reasons to eat summer sandwiches and the abundance of recipes, we decided it would be the ideal theme for this week’s SWAT (Sharing With A Theme). We put the Culinary Content Network and our staff to the test to come up with easy sandwich recipes, and here are some of the highlights:
- Christine Ma from Cherry on My Sundae shared with us her recipe for a s’mores sandwich melt, oozing with chocolate and marshmallows for your summer campfire party.
- Lori Yates from Foxes Love Lemons made a spicy tandoori chicken wrap, which will add some bold flavor and flare to your next picnic.
- The winner this week is Bernadette Martin from Rants from My Crazy Kitchen and her recipe for grilled caprese salad sandwich filled with fresh summer tomatoes and basil.
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $20 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Tomato Cucumber Salad Sandwich Recipe
This easy sandwich is not only full of fresh produce, but healthy as well.
Fig and Goat Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Fresh figs are a delicious warm weather treat but they’re highly perishable so don’t buy them more than a day or two in advance (and be sure to store them in your refrigerator). When you’re ready to use your figs, try them sliced and served on bread with goat cheese, honey, black pepper, and greens for a simple and delicious summer sandwich.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
- This Soup Was An ‘Absolute Sensation’ With Queen Elizabeth II
- Subway Tries to Shade McDonald's in New Ad, With Mixed Results
- The 21 Most Romantic Fall Date Ideas
- Dunkin’ Donuts Is Dropping the Second Half of Its Name
- 18 Foods You Should Always Buy at Costco