9 Blueberry Recipes for Glowing Skin
We love those plump juicy blueberries on our morning cereal or sprinkled on top of yogurt, but did you know that you’re actually eating your way to gorgeous skin? Blueberries are full of antioxidants, vitamin A, and vitamin C. These can help clear up blotchy red marks, leaving your skin with a healthy and natural glow.
With so many reasons to eat blueberries and the abundance of blueberry recipes, we decided it would be the ideal theme for this week’s SWAT (Sharing With A Theme). We put the Culinary Content Network and our staff to the test to come up with blueberry recipes, and here are some of the highlights:
- Rini Desarin of Healing Tomato shared with us a recipe for blueberry vinaigrette. Perfect to drizzle over a bed of greens or summer’s favorite vegetables, this dressing is packed full of antioxidant-rich blueberries.
- Christina Ma of Cherry on My Sundae shared with us a recipe for ricotta pancakes with warm blueberry sauce, which is a breakfast that is sure to energize you for the day.
- The winner this week is Kristie Collado, the Cook editor at The Daily Meal. Kristie made hand-pies, which are not only bursting with blueberries, but easy to eat and pack for a summer dessert outside.
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $20 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Blueberry Vinaigrette Recipe
This vinaigrette is perfect over a bed of greens or drizzled over fresh vegetables.
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Take muffins to the next level by mixing in some fresh blueberries for some sweet and tart flavor.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time