7 Food Philosophies Only Californians Understand
1. It’s acceptable to eat a burrito for breakfast, lunch, and dinner… or for dessert… or as a midnight snack. Whenever we want one, really.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Swift Benjamin
2. An In ‘N Out burger is the Jesus of fast food burgers. And don’t you dare try to tell us your burger chain is better. Have you never heard of Animal Style?
Photo Credit: Flickr/punctuated
3. Boba tea (not Bubble Tea) is to Californians as coffee is to New Yorkers. We’re addicted. We NEED it.
Photo Credit: Instagram/theycallmeee_p
4. California avocados are superior. They just taste way better. Accept it.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Jaanus Silla
5. Sandy s’mores are something we learn to cope with at a bonfire. We pick it up and we move on.
Photo Credit: Flickr/iStock_thinkstock
6. We did frozen yogurt way before you did. And Golden Spoon is the best frozen yogurt in the world.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Katherine Lim
7. One should never eat the turkey leg at Disneyland. Nobody wants to be that guy eating a turkey leg that’s as big as a baby.
Photo Credit: Lauren Gordon
Haley Willard is The Daily Meal's assistant editor. Follow her on Twitter @haleywillrd.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record