July 24th is National Tequila Day. Who cares if it's a Wednesday? We are drinking. Tonight, we pay tribute to the drink derived from the agave plant in the highlands of Mexico. Many of the cocktails have a Mexican flavor, and some of them just have a flavor of their own.
The Paloma, a traditional Mexican drink is one option. The unique, deconstructed, cocktail is perfect for those who love a sweet and sour drink in an unconventional way. For a cocktail that gives you the mid-week buzz you need, but also gives you a healthy feeling, check out the Azoteas Verdes Margarita. (It has kale and green pepper — it must be healthy).
If you want a sweeter cocktail, with a classic twist, get jiggy with it with the Get Figgy With It cocktail. This drink has lemon, fig jam, and egg whites for an old school twist on a new school cocktail. A spice-forward cocktail is also in our roundup! Check out The Freshest Sangrita for a spicy, sweet, and sour tequila cocktail. For those who love a strong drink, you’ll love sipping on the Mexican Mule. Trust us, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas