27 Unexpected Cocktail Hour Hors d’Oeuvres
If you’re looking for a way to introduce the unexpected into your wedding day—or any big event—look no further than cocktail hour. The hors d’oeuvres you serve can reflect your creativity and help set the tone for the reception.
When selecting what to serve, consider what kind of mood you’re looking to convey as well as who will be present: do you have friends who are vegetarian or vegan? What about guests who are gluten-free? Are there going to be a lot of kids there?
Serving nontraditional hors d’oeuvres also gives you more freedom in choosing serving methods (chef-staffed cooking stations? waiters?) and packaging (pre-plated? do-it-yourself?).
You might even consider eliminating your event’s sit-down dinner in favor of an evening of hors d’oeuvres. Doing so not only gives you more creative control over your menu, but can also be an economical trade.
- IHOP Launched a Pumpkin Pancake Stout With Keegan Ales
- The Absolute Best Thing to Eat in Every State
- These Cities Have the Most Millennials in the US
- 'Shot in the Dark' Is Dunkin' Donuts First-Ever Coffee in a Can
- 18 Indulgent Paleo Recipes