PointsPlus 15-Minute Skillet Cassoulet Recipe
This quick and hearty French-inspired recipe is loaded with ingredients that are sure to stick to your ribs, but won’t take hours and hours to cook.
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces low-fat smoked sausage, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cups canned chicken broth
- Two 15-ounce cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
Preheat the broiler.
Coat a nonstick ovenproof skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and sausage and sauté until the onion is tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the thyme, broth, beans, and tomato paste. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the beans. Place the skillet under the broiler until breadcrumbs are browned, about 30 seconds.