12 Delicious Zucchini Recipes
Zucchini is available year-round, but it’s best (and most plentiful) at the end of summer. We’re at the point in the season when farmers markets, grocery stores, and gardens are bursting with zucchini. The only problem is coming up with a way to use it all.
There’s so much zucchini around these days that we decided it would be the ideal theme for this week’s SWAT (Sharing with a Theme). We put the Culinary Content Network to the test to come up with easy weeknight meals, and here are some of the highlights:
- Michelle of Feed Me I’m Hungry brings us Layered Ratatouille, an easy-to-prepare version of the traditional vegetable stew.
- Jasey of Jasey’s Crazy Daisy brings us Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Brownies, an easy way to sneak some extra vegetables into the day.
- This week’s winning recipe is Crispy Zucchini Sandwiches from Anna at Divine Cuisine. Fried zucchini rounds are the base of this stacked sandwich. Simple enough to make on the fly, this recipe makes for a perfect passed appetizer or even side dish.
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $20 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Zucchini “Noodles” with Fresh Tomato Sauce
This 5-minute dinner recipe comes from the Daily Meal’s own Cook Editor Kristie Collado. Thinly sliced garlic packs in flavor for an antioxidant-filled, healthy meal. Click here for the recipe.
(Credit: Kristie Collado/The Daily Meal)
Healthy Crispy Breaded Zucchini & Squash
Serve these baked “fries” as healthy side dish for your family. Use panko breadcrumbs for an extra crispy outside without the deep-fryer. Click here for the recipe.
(Credit: Peter Block/Feed Your Soul Too)
Julie Ruggirello is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @TDMRecipeEditor.
- This Soup Was An ‘Absolute Sensation’ With Queen Elizabeth II
- Subway Tries to Shade McDonald's in New Ad, With Mixed Results
- The 21 Most Romantic Fall Date Ideas
- Dunkin’ Donuts Is Dropping the Second Half of Its Name
- 18 Foods You Should Always Buy at Costco