11 Winter Citrus Recipes
While we anticipate spring and its bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables, there are still some seasonal recipes that can be made with winter produce. Winter citrus like oranges, grapefruit, and blood oranges offer bright flavors that can be used in sweet and savory dishes. From a slice of orange cake with a drizzle of orange-infused glaze to healthy winter salads with citrus segments, make the most of winter’s offerings with some of these recipes.
With so many variations of winter citrus recipes, we decided it would be the ideal theme for this week’s SWAT (Sharing With A Theme). We put the Culinary Content Network and our staff to the test to come up with winter citrus recipes and here are some of the highlights:
- Carrie Vibert of Poet in the Pantry shared with us her recipe for Citrus Raspberry Swirl Bunt Cake. This cake is perfect for afternoon tea or a special dessert. Vibert is a member of the Culinary Content Network.
- Rebecca Turchan from A Dusting of Sugar uses citrus in a savory way in her recipe for Clementine Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry. Turchan is a member of the Culinary Content Network.
- The winner this week is Jane Bruce, the Photo Editor at The Daily Meal. Jane’s blood orange and faro salad with goat cheese and cranberries is a great way to use winter citrus.
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $20 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time