10 Healthy Snacks for After-School Sports
It’s halftime and the home team is down by two. What’s going to get the players recharged and ready to take the lead in the second half?
This school year, mix up your kids' Gatorade regimen with fun and creative homemade snacks. Instead of feeding them orange slices or hard-as-rock granola bars, give them something that tastes good and is good for them to enjoy during after-school-sports. Just as kids need their shin guards and cleats for the game, they also need to fuel their bodies with nutrients to be successful at sports. Before, during, and after their games, it’s important to feed the little athletes things that will give them the protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals they need in their everyday diet — and it goes without saying that it should taste good, too.
These recipes have everything your kids and their bodies crave — whether it’s protein-packed soy clusters for them to snack on during a break in the game or cheesy mini pizza rolls to treat them with after a win. It’s time to start feeding our kids food that is both tasty and healthy, and these recipes will ensure that they can't wait until it's your week to bring the snacks for the game.
Anne Dolce is the Cook Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @anniecdolce
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time