Uber Just Released Its First Restaurant Guide Based on Rider Destinations
Forget Zagat and Michelin: This is the restaurant guide you’re looking for. Uber has released a restaurant ranking for 12 cities from San Francisco to New York City based on user drop-offs and pick-ups. Breaking it down by categories like local favorites, up and coming, brunch spots, and all-around “most popular,” the results of data crunching have been unorthodox to the say the least.
For instance, the most popular restaurant in New York City is Vandal — a veritable trendy nightlife hotspot that hasn’t been seen on many media restaurant hit lists. In San Francisco the most popular restaurant is Southern Pacific Brewing, a brewery with pub grub, and Miami’s popular spot is American Social, a waterfront cocktail bar and dining room.Perhaps to no one’s surprise, the most popular restaurants with Uber riders are bar and nightlife-centric.
The most popular restaurants in the rest of the Uber cities include Park Tavern in Atlanta, Legal Harborside Floor 2 in Boston, Parlor Pizza Bar in Chicago, The Rustic in Dallas, ViewHouse Eatery Bar & Rooftop in Denver, Perch in Los Angeles, Acme Feed & Seed in Nashville, Sandbar Mexican Grill in Phoenix, and Sienna Mercato in Pittsburgh.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas