When the weather is warm and the yard is bursting with flowers of all colors, there is no better way to entertain then to take things out of doors.
When us Meek girls — Alex, Jennifer, and Jocelyn — were little, our neighbor across the street did just that. She would host an annual “Beer-in-the-Garden” party. It sounded terribly romantic, I must say (even though, as a child, we weren’t invited, so part of the allure was the mystery itself). This fun and casual gathering become an annual tradition and was a great way to meet your neighbors while guests could come an go as they pleased. Plus, it's an excellent excuse to transform that backyard space in to an outdoor living room!
In the below segments, you'll find our helpful tips for setting the scene (and keeping your guests laughing) along with some simple and delicious recipes so you can host your own beer in the garden party in the backyard this summer.
Segment I: Cocktails
How to make the Strip and Go Naked Cocktail.
Segment II: Easy Appetizers, Part One
Segment III: Easy Appetizers, Part Two
How to make Mango-Curry Shrimp Salad in Phyllo Cups.
Segment IV: Party Atmosphere
How to decorate your outdoor space with flowers, send out a great invite on a beer coaster, and a fantastic game for all party guests to enjoy — plus the right tunes to play!
Click here to download the Beer-in-the-Garden Game.
1. Summer Wind — Frank Sinatra
2. Listen to the Music — The Doobie Brothers
3. Summertime Thing — Chuck Prophet
4. Sunday Morning — Maroon 5
5. God Only Knows — The Beach Boys
6. Lovely Day — Bill Withers
7. More — Bobby Darin
8. Put Your Records On — Corinne Bailey Rae
9. Better Together — Jack Johnson
10. Better Than — John Butler Trio
11. Don’t Wait Too Long — Madeleine Peyroux