Let’s face it, we’re not all blessed when it comes to working in the kitchen. Luckily, there are outlets like The Daily Meal that are here to save you if this is the case.Yes, there are things that every cook should know, but what about when it comes to baking?
Here are a few tips of the trade:
• Always begin at the base; it sets the scene for the rest of the cake.
• Use a piping bag or create your own using a Ziploc bag or plastic bag and create a simple border. An easy-go to border is a classic pearl dot around the edge. If you’re more adventurous, change the head on the bag to form different shapes.
• Slice seasonal fruit, like strawberries, to build up complex flavor and add a pop of color.
• If you’re going to write on the cake, roll parchment paper into a funnel shape and fill it with chocolate or jelly for a clean finish.
• Lastly, top the cake with additives like a top border or a cluster of fruit.
With tips like these, you better get baking!
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time