- Albert Roux born
- Piereogi Day
A-Z Food Shares the Secret of Great Mexican Food
On our London food tour, for the letter M we explore Mexico
(For more go to www.atozlondonfood.com)
Recipe of the day
- Four Foodie Stops in Emilia-Romagna That Can’t Be Missed
- A Regional Italian Food Journey to Expo Milano 2015
- Courtyard Restaurant in Botswana is a Unique Experience in Cuisine and Culture
- Italy Throws a Great Party But Still Hasn’t Found the Solution to World Hunger
- The Waffle House Museum Will Make You Book a Flight to Georgia Immediately
About A-Z Food: In this video series, Alastair Humphreys and Tom Kevill-Davies eat around London to find one restaurant from a nation for each letter of the alphabet. Check out A-Z Food: Korea here.
While we're fairly certain London's Mexican food scene is nowhere near as comprehensive as California's, the team behind A-Z Food somehow managed to find fresh, authentic Mexican food via food stand Buen Provecho. And we can probably trust Kevill-Davies, seeing as he spent six months cycling through Mexico.
Owned by Arturo Ortega Rodriguez, Buen Provecho is a small gazebo in London, where silver trays of food and pots of rice serve as the base for tacos with homemade salsas. There are fresh corn tortillas, perfect guacamole, and pico de gallo to serve as complements to conchinita pibil (pork marinated in orange juice and slow-cooked for hours), chicken tinga (chicken with chorizo and chipotle chiles), and rajas con crema (green chiles in cream and sweet corn salsa). Check out the full review on A-Z Food.
More From A-Z Food:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts