- Todd English born (1960)
VIDEO: A-Z Food Visits Eritrea
On our A-Z London tour, for the letter E we are visiting Eritrea
(For more go to www.atozlondonfood.com)
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
About A-Z Food: In this video series, Alastair Humphreys and Tom Kevill-Davies eat around London to find one restaurant from a nation for each letter of the alphabet. Check out A-Z Food: Denmark here.
In this episode of A-Z Food, the team discover Eritrean cuisine, similar to Ethiopian with the usage of injera, a spongy pancake used as "table cloth, cutlery, and carbohydrate all together." The restaurant of choice: Adulis. Despite a few surprise chiles, the team particulary enjoyed the Adulis special, where lamb, onions, adn green peppers were served on top of a small charcoal burner.
Eritrean style coffee, however, turned out to be the ultimate surprise, as green coffee beans were roasted right in front of customers (served with a large bowl of popcorn). Head on over to the A-Z Food website for the full review and an Eritrean recipe.
More From A-Z Food:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts