VIDEO: A-Z Food Experiences Hungarian Hospitality
On our A-Z Tour of London for the letter H we discover the cuisine of Hungary
(For more go to www.atozlondonfood.com)
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
About A-Z Food: In this video series, Alastair Humphreys and Tom Kevill-Davies eat around London to find one restaurant from a nation for each letter of the alphabet. Check out A-Z Food: Georgia here.
Although the A-Z explorers had some issues finding their Hungarian restaurant (the main one had apparently closed), they stumbled upon the Hungarian chefs in The White Swan, a pub further up along the road. In this installment of the citywide culinary tour, Hungarian food gets somewhat rock and roll in The White Swan, with food heavy in cream, paprika, and portions. There's the goulash, stuffed cabbage, and gnocchi and meatballs, served with a crisp lager and a polka soundtrack. Some etiquette tips? Don't clink glasses; that's what politicians would do after executing Hungarian revolutions. Morbid, but good to know. Head on over to A-Z Food for the full review.
More From A-Z Food:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts