VIDEO: A-Z Food Experiences Hungarian Hospitality
On our A-Z Tour of London for the letter H we discover the cuisine of Hungary
(For more go to www.atozlondonfood.com)
Recipe of the day
- This New Art Exhibit Allows You to Taste the Paintings
- Marco Pierre White Opens Revamped, Affordable Restaurant Inside Threadneedles Hotel in London
- What New York City Food Are You, Based on Your Astrological Sign?
- Study Says Travelers Would Rather Give Up Sex Than Coffee
- Things You Should Never Be Able to Buy in a Vending Machine
About A-Z Food: In this video series, Alastair Humphreys and Tom Kevill-Davies eat around London to find one restaurant from a nation for each letter of the alphabet. Check out A-Z Food: Georgia here.
Although the A-Z explorers had some issues finding their Hungarian restaurant (the main one had apparently closed), they stumbled upon the Hungarian chefs in The White Swan, a pub further up along the road. In this installment of the citywide culinary tour, Hungarian food gets somewhat rock and roll in The White Swan, with food heavy in cream, paprika, and portions. There's the goulash, stuffed cabbage, and gnocchi and meatballs, served with a crisp lager and a polka soundtrack. Some etiquette tips? Don't clink glasses; that's what politicians would do after executing Hungarian revolutions. Morbid, but good to know. Head on over to A-Z Food for the full review.
More From A-Z Food:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts