- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
VIDEO: A-Z Food Experiences Hungarian Hospitality
On our A-Z Tour of London for the letter H we discover the cuisine of Hungary
(For more go to www.atozlondonfood.com)
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
About A-Z Food: In this video series, Alastair Humphreys and Tom Kevill-Davies eat around London to find one restaurant from a nation for each letter of the alphabet. Check out A-Z Food: Georgia here.
Although the A-Z explorers had some issues finding their Hungarian restaurant (the main one had apparently closed), they stumbled upon the Hungarian chefs in The White Swan, a pub further up along the road. In this installment of the citywide culinary tour, Hungarian food gets somewhat rock and roll in The White Swan, with food heavy in cream, paprika, and portions. There's the goulash, stuffed cabbage, and gnocchi and meatballs, served with a crisp lager and a polka soundtrack. Some etiquette tips? Don't clink glasses; that's what politicians would do after executing Hungarian revolutions. Morbid, but good to know. Head on over to A-Z Food for the full review.
More From A-Z Food:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts