VIDEO: A-Z Food Tackles Korea
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
About A-Z Food: In this video series, Alastair Humphreys and Tom Kevill-Davies eat around London to find one restaurant from a nation for each letter of the alphabet. Check out A-Z Food: Japan here.
London adventurers Humphreys and Kevill-Davies checked "K" off their alphabet list in this video, trying out Korean food at local establishment Jee Cee Neh. And while it seems they were the only non-Koreans in the restaurant (always a good sign of authenticity), the eaters tried their hand at Korean barbecue, cooking up ox tongue for their first time to rave reviews.
Dinner included a variety of small plates, noodles, and butter lettuce-wrapped barbecue, a meal described somewhat as "soul food." Watch the video, then check out their recipe for Korean staple kimchi, a fermented cabbage dish.
More From A-Z Food:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts