- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
VIDEO: A-Z Food Discovers Authentic Japanese Food
On our London food tour, for the letter J we delve into the cuisine of Japan
(For more go to www.atozlondonfood.com)
Recipe of the day
- A Michelin-Star Chef Is Making a Burger at a Shake Shack in London for 1 Day Only
- 10 Unique KFC Meals from Around the World
- Rooms with a Story: A Grand Swiss Hotel Brings History to Life
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
About A-Z Food: In this video series, Alastair Humphreys and Tom Kevill-Davies eat around London to find one restaurant from a nation for each letter of the alphabet. Check out A-Z Food: Iran here.
Central London might not have the best Japanese food around (Humphreys and Kevill-Davies writes that it's "lazy and mass-produced"), but tread a bit further and the A-Z Food team discovers a small gem. Kiraku in Ealing Common is Japanese-owned and operated, serving up grilled mackerel, Koebi No Karrage (deep-fried shrimp), tempura, katsu, and rolls of crispy salmon skin and plates of sashimi. The review? Glowing. "It's been absolutely delicious food and I think, maybe even beating the French into top spots," a diner says. Read the full review on A-Z Food's website.
More From A-Z Food:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts