5 Condiments You Can Make at Home
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
We’re so used to buying everything pre-made and packaged at the grocery store that we sometimes forget we can make all of it ourselves — without the additives. With just a few key ingredients (most of which you probably already have), you can whip up some ketchup or mayonnaise in a matter of minutes (and maybe waiting a night or two). Not only can you adjust seasonings to your preference, but you can also make sure that you and your family are getting the freshest food possible. So get out those mason jars and get ready to make your own mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, hot sauce, and barbecue sauce. Click through our slideshow for the recipes.
— Melissa Valliant, HellaWella
More From HellaWella:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts