Strawberry Trifle Recipe
A guaranteed hit at your next party, this fruit-filled trifle recipe is surprisingly quick and easy to make.
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix, and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-quart glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around the sides of the bowl and over the cake. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.