- 1 pound salmon, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ume plum vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon, peeled and minced fresh ginger
- ¼ cup chopped scallions, white and green parts only
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 2 large eggs
- Grapeseed oil, for frying
Rinse the salmon, pat it dry and cut into ¼-inch cubes. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, oil, ume, garlic, ginger, scallions, sesame seeds, and eggs. Form the mixture into 2-inch patties.
Heat the grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 4-6 minutes per side until golden brown.
Transfer patties to a paper towel-lined plate and serve hot.