Sensational Summer Hosting
Between the Bread and Cookie Panache's Ricky Eisen has you covered from decor, to sauces, to cocktails, and even fantastic sides for summer!
Here are her tips for summer hosting:
Summer Party Décor
• What to choose for your centerpieces: Fresh flowers as centerpieces are a simple way to make your space feel special and inviting for guests. Better yet, choose what’s in season! July is a great time for calla lilies, gerbera daisies, hydrangeas, and roses.
• How to furnish your event: Rather than change all of your furniture for one event, purchase some affordable, brightly colored throw pillows that match your theme. They look great on couches and armchairs, and large pillows can also double as floor seating.
Healthy Summer Cocktail Recipes
Cherry Mojito — This light, refreshing cocktail is perfect to help beat the summer heat. The mint and lime keep it flavorful, while still being light on the calories.
• Sweet cherries, pitted
• Lime juice
• Light rum
• Club soda
• Grenadine (optional)
• Muddle together cherries, mint, and lime juice
• Add ice, and 2 ounces light rum
• Shake together and top with club soda or sparkling water
For something a little sweeter, add a splash of grenadine when you muddle the cherries.
Cucumber Basil Martini — This delicious cocktail is a perfect to choice to serve guests at a summer party. The cucumber and lime keep it refreshing, while still being a great low-calorie beverage.
• Cucumber, chopped or sliced
• Cucumber vodka
• White cranberry juice
• Lime wedges
• Simple syrup (optional)
• Muddle together cucumber and basil with 1-2 lime wedges
• Add ice, followed by 2 ounces of cucumber vodka
• Add splash of white cranberry juice, shake again, and serve
Again, for something sweeter, add a splash of simple syrup. Make this cocktail without it for a healthier alternative.