Roasted Root Vegetable Salad
Try this healthy salad with this Sweet Balsamic Roasted Pork recipe or eat it as is on a bed of spinach, like in this recipe.
- 1 Pound parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 Pound celery root, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs each fresh rosemary and thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Pound beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small shallot, finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate champagne vinegar
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil (add some fresh orange zest if desired)
- 10 Ounces fresh spinach
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees positioning one rack in the upper third of the oven and one rack in the lower third. Toss the chopped parsnips and celery root with olive oil to coat and spread in one layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the veggies with some rosemary and thyme and then season with salt and pepper. Repeat this step with the beets on a separate baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes and then swap the position of the pans — the upper pan to the lower position and the lower pan to the upper position. Bake for 15 more minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the shallot, honey, and vinegar, then whisk in the olive oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the spinach with the prepared vinaigrette just to coat and arrange on a platter. Top with roasted vegetables and serve.