Nutrition Facts (per serving)- 270 Calories; 90 Calories from Fat; 10g Total Fat (15%); 3g Saturated Fat (15%); 0g Trans Fat; 60mg Cholesterol (20%); 700mg Sodium (29%); 30g Total Carbohydrate (10%); 2g Dietary Fiber (8%); 3g Sugars; 15g Protein.
Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25%.
- 1 Cup Honey Bunches of Oats Whole Grain Honey Crunch cereal
- 1 egg
- 2/3 Cups milk
- 1 Cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 3.8-ounce can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 Pound ground round beef, 90-percent lean/10-percent fat
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 Teaspoon dried marjoram
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a food processor, grind the cereal into a fine powder.
In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Stir in ground cereal, rice, olives, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper; stir to combine. Crumble the ground round into the rice mixture. Stir or use your hands to combine ingredients; mix well. Form the beef mixture into 8 large equal‐size meatballs. Place the meatballs in a 2‐quart baking dish; set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium‐high heat, stir together the tomatoes, water, cornstarch, bouillon cube, and marjoram. Bring to a boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and pour over the meatballs in the pan. Cover the baking dish with a lid or foil and bake for 1½ hours.