- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ pound kale, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- One 19-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half lengthwise
- Black pepper, to taste
Add the quinoa to a small pot and cover with 1 inch of water and a large pinch of salt. Then set the pot over medium-high heat. When the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the quinoa simmer for 20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic and sauté the garlic until it turns golden brown (but not burned). Add the kale to the pan and let it wilt for 1-2 minutes before adding the beans and olives. Let everything cook for another 5 minutes or so and then season to taste. Serve the mixture immediately over a bed of quinoa.