Topped with ranch dressing, salad-on-a-stick is an easy way to get even the pickiest eaters to enjoy their vegetables. This recipe comes from Hidden Valley Ranch and was created by registered dietician Dana White.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 24 1 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 1-inch chunks
- 16 red or black seedless grapes
- 1 large apple, cut into 16 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 Cup Hidden Valley Original Ranch Light dressing
- 1/2 Cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 8 wooden skewers
On one skewer, spear one wedge of lettuce, followed by a piece of chicken, a grape, and an apple.
Repeat this one more time, and add one more wedge of lettuce on the end of the skewer. Repeat with the remaining skewers.
Drizzle the skewers with the dressing, sprinkle walnuts over the top, and serve immediately.