- 1/2 Cup toffee bits, such as Heath Bits 'O Brickle Toffee Bits
- 1/2 Cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 Teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 Cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 Cups flavorless vegetable oil, such as canola
Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
Toss the toffee bits, walnuts, and chocolate chips together in a small bowl. Remove 3 tablespoons of the mixture and set aside for the top of the loaf.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in the larger amount of toffee, chip, and nut mixture until thoroughly coated. Whisk the eggs, brown sugar, sugar, banana, and oil together in a larger bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold together just until combined. Scrape into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining toffee, chip, and nut mixture evenly over top.
Bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or just until a toothpick tests clean. Cool on a rack for 30 minutes, then unmold and cool completely. Best sliced with a serrated knife. May be stored at room temperature up to 3 days wrapped airtight in plastic wrap. May be frozen, well wrapped, up to 1 month. Defrost overnight in refrigerator.