Recipe courtesy of Doughmesstic.
- 2 Cups pancake mix, such as Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 1/4 Cup cold water
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 Cups chopped strawberries
- 3 Tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 12 fried chicken strips
Blend together mix, cold water, egg, vanilla, and the 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Stir in chopped strawberries and rosemary. (Do not overmix.)
Pour the batter onto lightly greased and preheated waffle iron.
Cook the waffles until they stop steaming, about 3—5 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with fried chicken pieces, syrup, and fresh berries, if desired.