Sheila's Favorite Avocado and Corn Salad
I served this recipe to my friend who came over to taste test some of my recipes. She said this was her favorite, and that I needed to name it something really special because she thought it was fabulous. Well, I am. I am naming it after my fabulous friend Sheila! You might want to double this recipe, as it won't last long; it's so good it's addictive!
Note: This recipe can also be served as an appetizer. I love to serve this with brown rice chips.
Back to Avocado 101!
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced finely
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/3 Cup torn basil leaves
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups white or yellow corn
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup chopped raw cashews
- 2 Cups chopped tomatoes, cored and stemmed
In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the olive oil, sherry vinegar, and mustard. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, sherry vinegar, and mustard until the mixture thickens slightly. Pour over the salad mixture and toss. Place the salad in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 hour to allow the flavors to mix. Serve chilled.