A flavorful, filling, and healthy dish, this recipe works well as a side or an appetizer. Serve it with grilled fish or an assortment of summery salads. While I used yellow (or commonly called golden) zucchini in this recipe because my farmers' market ran out of green, you can use either in this recipe.
- 3 yellow (golden) or green zucchini
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh black pepper
- Pinch of dried red chile flakes
- Pinch or 2 of ground cumin
- ½ cup crumbled feta, preferably Bulgarian
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint, cut into a chiffonade or roughly torn
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. On an aluminum-lined baking sheet, combine all of the ingredients except for the feta and mint. Roast for about 20 minutes, turning once or twice.
Remove from the oven and top with the crumbled feta and mint.