- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 Ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 Cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Cup dried red lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 15 Ounces can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 Ounces can no salt added kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 28 Ounces can hominy, drained and rinsed
- FOR THE ACORN SQUASH BOWL:
- 2 acorn squashes, cut in half and seeded
- 1/4 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 425*F.In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the oil and saute onions and bell peppers together for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the jalapeno and garlic, stir.
Add the canned tomatoes, sauce, vegetable broth and red lentils to the pot. Stir in the spices and cover with a lid over low heat for 40 minutes.On a baking sheet, place 4 halves of acorn squash and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until fork tender. Turn off oven and let squash cool on baking sheet.
Meanwhile, remove lid from pot and stir in the canned beans and hominy. Turn heat to medium and stir for 5 more minutes.
Remove from heat and add 1 cup of chili into each half of squash.
Garnish with celery leaves or cilantro.Enjoy!