PointsPlus Spinach Salad with Pears, Almonds, and Cranberries Recipe
Ripe, juicy pears can make just about any salad pop with sweet, fruity flavor, and cranberries contribute their unmistakable tang to a spinach salad with verve and flair.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons pancake syrup, preferably maple-flavored
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 large ripe red pear, cored and sliced thinly into 12 pieces
- 6 tablespoons dry-roasted unsalted chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, water, oil, mustard, syrup, shallot, salt, and pepper until blended. Pour ¼ cup of the dressing into a large bowl. Add the spinach and toss until coated.
Arrange 2 cups of dressed spinach on each of 4 salad plates. Top each with 3 pear slices and then sprinkle each with 1 ½ tablespoons of the almonds and 1 tablespoon of the dried cranberries. Drizzle each salad with about 1 tablespoon of the remaining dressing and serve.