- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds lean trimmed sirloin beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium-sized cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Season the beef all over with the salt and pepper and transfer to the roasting pan. Combine the garlic, rosemary, and oregano in a small bowl. Rub the herb mixture all over the top of the beef. Gently press the herbs into the beef with your hands so they stick.
Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 145 degrees, about 20 minutes for medium.
Let the beef stand for 15 minutes before slicing crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.