- 1 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cups pearl barley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan and add ½ teaspoon of the salt. Stir in the barley, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until barley is tender but chewy and the water is absorbed, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and fluff with a fork and let cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, remaining salt, and pepper. When the barley is cool, gently stir in the grapes, radicchio, scallion, and tarragon. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss thoroughly to combine. Garnish with the pecans.