PointsPlus Baby Greens with Pears, Nuts, and Parmesan Recipe
Juicy firm-ripe pears meet the satisfying crunch and sweetness of honey-roasted nuts in this quick and simple salad of baby greens.
- 1/2 cup canned whole-berry or jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 3 medium-sized firm-ripe pears, cored and sliced thinly
- 6 tablespoons sweet honey-roasted almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shaved thinly
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the cranberry sauce, vinegar, water, oil, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the greens in a large serving bowl. Add the dressing, pears, and nuts; toss to mix and coat. Scatter the Parmesan on top and serve.