'Plain Jane' Salad with Poppy Tahini Dressing
I’m all about plain Jane meals.
I mean, who doesn’t love a simple salad?
It’s kinda like that feeling when you have been away from your kitchen for too long... traveling or on vacation... and all you want to do is get into your own kitchen to enjoy a clean, fresh salad.
Am I right?
You know, it’s the simple plain Jane salad that we all love — but this time with a bit of a twist with a fancy poppy seed dressing.
So, go ahead and say hello to my new favorite lunch.
- 4 Cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large Roma tomato, sliced
- 1/2 medium-sized red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 Cup tahini
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 Cup unsweetened green tea
- 2 Tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 1/6 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/6 Teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
Arrange the lettuce, tomato, red onion, and cucumbers in a large serving bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Transfer to a sealed container. Refrigerate the vegetables and dressing for 2 hours before serving. When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad right before serving. Enjoy.