- 500 Grams spaghetti
- 8 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving
Cook the pasta until al dente, according to packet cooking instructions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain pasta.
While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened and beginning to brown. Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, and stir to combine. Add the diced tomatoes and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Break the tuna into pieces and add to the tomatoes. along with the whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper and gradually add the reserved pasta water until it reaches your desired consistency.
Divide the pasta between plates, top with sauce, and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano.