- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut into 8 pieces each
- 1/4 medium-sized red onion, diced finely
- 3 stalks celery, diced finely
- 2 small sweet pickles, diced
- 1 Teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cup homemade mayonnaise*
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Set up a steamer basket, making sure it fits snugly in a pot, and fill the pot with water without touching the bottom of the basket. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower, cover with a lid, and steam until tender but not mushy, about 7-10 minutes.
Rinse the steamed cauliflower under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain the cauliflower well and pat dry with paper towels. Crumble the cauliflower into a large bowl, and add all of the ingredients except for the mayonnaise and vinegar. Thin the mayonnaise with the vinegar and stir into all of the other ingredients. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.