These flavorful burgers from Kretschmer will satisfy even the red meat lovers in your family. They’re filled with mushrooms, Parmigiano-Reggiano, wheat germ, and Dijon mustard. Cook them on the grill or in a grill pan on top of your stove.
This recipe works best using lean ground turkey that is not 99-percent fat free.
- 1 Teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1½ Cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- ½ Teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ Pound lean ground turkey
- ¼ Cup Kretschmer Original Toasted Wheat Germ
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ⅛ Teaspoon black pepper
- Buns, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and pickles, for serving
In medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and garlic, and sauté until the mushrooms are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, mix together the turkey, wheat germ, mustard, cheese, black pepper, and cooked mushrooms. Form into 4 patties or 8 sliders. Grill on the barbecue or in a preheated grill pan until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and serve immediately with all the fixings: buns, sliced tomatoes, lettuce and pickles.