Lemon-Mint Hummus Recipe
The combination of lemon and mint evokes the bright, fresh flavors of Middle Eastern cuisine (think stuffed grape leaves, falafel, tabouli). Serve this protein-packed hummus with pita chips or crudité for a healthy appetizer or snack.
- 1 can chickpeas, ½ cup liquid reserved
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon, plus more zest for garnish
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, washed and patted dry, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
Combine chickpeas, reserved chickpea liquid, lemon juice, zest, tahini, mint, salt, pepper and garlic in a blender or food processor, pulse lightly while drizzling in olive oil, until smooth and creamy.
Transfer to a bowl, make a well in the center with the back of a spoon and fill with olive oil (about 2 tablespoons). Serve garnished with mint leaves and a sprinkle of lemon zest.